Shade

When a child sees me
They see a reflection of themselves
Parents witness familiar interactions

"Come on! Let's go home"
They draw the child away
Proffering up red herrings & empty distractions

Evil. Wretched. Get away!
Children grow and soon forget
And, I sink again into sweet oblivion

I am the lock & key
Finger against pursed lips
Frequency beneath the pendulum

The people blame me for their crimes
Though they forget my face
Yet, I take it all just the same

My eyes are older than the trees
My voice more silent than a breeze
My essence unbounded by a name

Oh sweet oblivion
What few mortals 
Dare ride out beyond the sea?

On the shores they stay
Far far away
And never really search for me

But, here am I
Here I'll be
Speaking through the Poet's page

I am beyond Time
Just to be seen by the seeker
Is my only desirable wage



















Comments

Popular Posts