This Path




This Path–
I chose to take it earlier on.
I tossed it all to the wayside.
Everything I thought I knew–
Whether inculcated into me
Or projected by my assumptions–
I shed it all.

I didn’t know
In gaining understanding 
Of the world
Peeling back emotion
To interact 
At face value

That the shadow man
I thought I was conquering
Was still there
In the end.
That no matter 
How much you think
You have let 
Him go
He is you
And you 
Are he.

That as One 
Scales back assumptions
To grow
In 
Understanding 

One must also
Scale back
What
Has been piling
Up in the shadows
All 
These years.

At some 
Point
It must all 
Come out
To pave the way
For newness.

This isn’t
One and done
Kind of 
Thing.
You don’t
Just believe it 
And let it be.

No
This is 
The mystery
Of Life and Death 
Good and evil
Opposites 
In general.

You may 
Think you know
But
You never
Really know 
Until
You 
See.

Everything.
See everything.

And, yes!
Funny how
You start a thing 
And then 
Brush it off
As if it was nothing
And at that moment–
At THAT VERY MOMENT–
It finds a
Way
To remind you 
Of what you were doing
In the first place.

This Path
Is my blessing 
And my curse
My rationality
And my irrationally 
All stirred into
One Mind
Expressed
Infinitely
In the forward 
Movement
Of time.

All the Greats
–If only crystalized 
In Legends by 
Some veil
Of a Belief system–
Knew this mystery.
They were magnanimous …

Yet Nobody 
Knew why.

Though 
By pretense
They assumed 
They did.

They saw that 
Something
Familiar 
But quite 
Out of reach
Was
Present there
But
They never put their 
Finger 
On it.

They got lost 
In the person
Rather than 
The 
Mystery.

Yet,
Those who got 
Lost in the 
Mystery
Didn’t change it
But were 
Changed 
By 
It.

Not changed 
Into 
Something new 
As if passing 
Through Time 
But changing 
Into something 
Redolent of
The Ancient.
A timeless truth.

In this 
Burgeoning 
Age of the 
Machine
Of rationality
And bureaucracy
Of AI 
And innovation

This one thing
Must never
Be lost
Until Time
Comes to 
A close.

Only those 
Who choose
To search
Will see.
It isn’t the 
Easy way.
It isn’t the 
way of 
What they call success.

It is
The wholesome
Way.
It isn’t partial
To all the 
Rigid religions
That tried to 
Touch it.
They 
Are mirrors
But 
They are not it.
Like broken pieces
Of the most
Beautiful canister
Made of glass. 

Who dares
To pick up 
The pieces?
The rational ones?
The irrational ones?
To find that which lies 
In the midst of it all?

A veil
Is not
The Light.
The
Light
Is
The Light.

This 
Is
The
Way.
The vicissitudes
And
Spiraling Stairwell
That is
The Path.

If you
Were always
Somehow 
Not quite 
Satisfied
As if 
There
Was something more…

This is the Reason Why!











Comments

Popular Posts