Not Alone











My heart is in my mouth

Bittersweet and sickening 

Head in fog and confused

The suspense is deafening 


Is it naive to hope?

I close my eyes tight

Don't give me bad news 

I don't want to fight


Perhaps I make it arduous

To love me and only me

I always say it's my fault 

You're refusing to see


You don't want to be alone

You want to be enough

Blind to your own beauty

Insisting you're simply tough


It isn't naive to hope

Close your eyes tight

Fall into my arms

There's no need to fight


Unclench your fists

I'll unclench my teeth 

Sync your breath to mine

Refuse to sink underneath


Ease my dying heart

Let me fix my mistakes

I'll ease your burning mind

And annihilate all fakes


Find once again: hope

I see you in the darkness

We can get out together 

Towards blissful absurdness


-NS

Comments

Popular Posts