Known










Muscles heavy on my face

With no time to wallow

On autopilot for now

My eyes a sleepy hollow


But you...


You are electricity to my veins

The shock that pulls me out

Brain goes back online

For now, free of doubt


Because...


You're the reason I feel brave

To jump, to fly, to dream and soar

You've given me many first times 

Shown me what life can be for


And I hope...


I've shown you love that never gives up

That we can always find a reason to laugh

I will always be ready to fight by your side

I swear, give me a damn polygraph!


And I know...


I can always find a reason to smile

Even if you are not near me

Not sure why I worry so much

I try to breathe and just be


Perhaps...


All this is just too novel

Freedom previously unknown

But navigating it all with you

It is possible we can truly be known


-NS



Comments

Popular Posts